Red Victor 3

Show us your toys, old and new.
Uncle Paul
Veteran

Red Victor 3

Post by Uncle Paul »

Not exactly a reader's ride - I wish it was, or rather I wish that I was up to handling it.

Hi Everyone,

Something that I'd like to run past you.

As you may know I'm a fan of drag racing and have been for 50 years. I am a supporter of Red Victor 3 - a "VX 4/90" run by Andy Frost.

Until the end of 2014 it was the world's fastest street legal car running 6.4s 229mph for the 1/4 mile. The Americans hated this and eventually they won back the record ( although their cars are nowhere near being UK street legal as Andy's car is). Since then the record has been lowered to 5.95s 244mph

So for the last year or so Red Victor 3 has been rebuilt to take back the title - an initial group of us has provided some £40,000 to get the car ready for the initial shakedown runs at the recent FIA Main Event at Santa Pod where Andy set a personal best even though he was only able to make a few runs.

In order to get the right track conditions to develop and test the car, and ultimately get the record back it has been decided that we need to ship the car to Bahrain and run in their drag racing series between October and February.

We've costed out a shoestring budget for the flights and shipping etc of another £40,000. Whilst a number of us are happy to fund this, quite a number cannot afford to do so.

I wonder if you could help with either of the following:-

1. Are you able to help fund the Bahrain development work ( we are looking for either £100 or 5 monthly payments of £20 - but we need commitment by August so that the arrangements can be made) - we are looking into making it a prize draw for all the supporters - we have been promised some good prizes including use of a Holiday home in Greece, a bespoke exhaust system, free servicing etc (this after less than a week) and more are expected.

2. To see if anyone has any influence with Gulf Air or BA to help with air fares or if anyone has influence on shipping lines to get the car there cheaper.

If you are interested in entering the draw then respond to me and I will add you to the Red Victor 5 second Club page.

Thank you for reading.

Uncle Paul.

Here's an out of date video about RV3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... vC_yhhXa7M
BMW M2.
verysideways
Tour Manager

Re: Red Victor 3

Post by verysideways »

Fingers crossed you can make some headway on this. It'd be great to see the Victor back "on top" :)